Research indicates the area where Kneeland cemetery and the 1st church St.Peter were located was surveyed as early as 1839.
Kneeland Cemetey and the adjacent church St. Peter show on the earliest maps and plats of the Section 27 ; Town 9 ; Range 5 West.
Various historical, and more modern maps, may show both a cross (indicating a cemetey) and a line drawing of a church.
Some maps actually spell out "Cem" and "Ch".
The maps show the church and the cemetery as being adjacent to each other.
Copies of historical maps and plats are in the photo album.