INTERCESSIONS/PRAYERS OF THE FAITHFUL (Choose 5-6 of them):
These may be adapted to family circumstances.
1. Let us pray for N. In baptism he/she died with Christ, may he/she now share in the fullness of his resurrection. We pray to the Lord.
2. God is full of mercy and compassion. May he forgive N. any sins he/she committed through human frailty. We pray to the Lord.
3. For the sorrowing family, relatives and friends of N., that you may find strength and consolation in your Christian faith and in the love and support of this community. We pray to the Lord.
4. We pray for those who mourn N’s death (especially ….); that you may find strength and consolation in the hope we have through the resurrection of Jesus from the dead. We pray to the Lord.
5. God of all consolation, help us to comfort one another in our grief, finding light in time of darkness, and faith in time of doubt. We pray to the Lord.
6. We pray for all those we have loved and have died. Lord give them the reward of their goodness. We pray to the Lord.
7. We pray for those who care for the sick and dying, especially those who cared for N. during his/her illness. We pray to the Lord.
8. For all parents who grieve over the death of their children; that they may be comforted in the knowledge that they rest in God. We pray to the Lord.
9. May the prayers of Mary, the Mother of God, who stood by the cross as her son was dying, help those who mourn and be with all of us in our time of need. We pray to the Lord.
10. We pray for those here today, that our memory of N. whom we loved inspire us with a renewed love for all our sisters and brothers. We pray to the Lord.
11. We pray for all of us here today and for all members of our Church; that we may be prepared for the hour of our death, when God will call us by name, to pass from this world to the next. We pray to the Lord.
12. Let us pray for (N) our Holy Father (N) our Bishop and all those who proclaim the consolation of Christ’s death and resurrection to families and communities in sorrow. Increase their faith and make them bearers of lasting and meaningful hope. We pray to the Lord.
13. You knew that your death, O Jesus would mean suffering for your friends; give us the courage to follow God’s way through the mystery of pain throughout the world. We pray to the Lord.
14. O God You promised eternal life to all who follow your way; raise up all who have died. We pray especially for N in gratitude for her/his life in family and those with whom she/he came in contact. We pray to the Lord.
15. Now that N has come to the end of her/his earthly journey, may Christ give her/him a place at the banquet of the kingdom of heaven. We pray to the Lord.
16. We pray for N who leaves us in death, that God will bring her/him safely home and share with her/him the joys of the Kingdom of light, happiness and peace. We pray to the Lord.
17. We pray for all who mourn N; they may be assured of Christ’s closeness to them in their sorrow and find strength and comfort through their faith in Jesus our risen Savior We pray to the Lord.
18. Let us pray that the emptiness of our lives may be gradually filled with peace and hope which Christ’s Resurrection gives to each of us, we pray. We pray to the Lord.
19. As we reflect on the contribution of N to her/his family, friends and the wider community let us remember her/him with affection. May we strive for perfection in the service of Christ, his Church and the community in general. We pray to the Lord.
20. We pray for N, that God the Father will lead home and share with her/him the joys of the Kingdom – light, happiness and peace. We pray to the Lord.
21. For the deceased members of the (N) Family God our Father, you have gathered us all into the family of your love. We pray for the deceased members of the (N) family (or (N) and (N) families). We remember especially her/his deceased parents (N) sons and daughters (N) brothers and sisters (N) others (N) May the light of Christ shine on them. We pray to the Lord.
22. Let us pray in thanksgiving for those who tended to N her/his illness; (Doctors, nurses, medical staff, care-givers, home help personnel); Lord we thank you for the gifts you have given them and ask you to bless them. We pray to the Lord.
23. For all of us gathered here: that we may remember at all times, but especially in times of trouble and anxiety, that we are loved by You, God and that You will take care of us. We pray to the Lord.
24. Let us pray for those who cannot be here today, especially N. We present to the Lord their grieving, their mourning and their desire to be here. We pray to the Lord.
25. As we pray for N let us remember all the deceased, those we have loved and cherished; all the dead of this parish; those who died recently and all those who have no one remember them. May you, O God, welcome them into the radiant light of your presence. We pray to the Lord.